- GENERAL INFORMATION
Employment opportunities (updated June 2017)
The staff nurse is responsible for assisting clinicians and other staff in providing medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care in a comprehensive women’s health care practice. This position requires specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care in the office and in-office procedures area. The primary focus of this position is venipuncture (IV starts, lab collection) and administering medications. Nurse shall also assess patients for any adverse effects of drug therapy.
This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Administers intravenous narcotics and anxiolytic medications during in-office visits and monitors patient response to such through continuous vital signs and verbal and visual cues of alertness.
- Dispenses medications as needed under the direction of the physician.
- Monitors medications, including controlled substances, to make certain that all medications are secured and accounted for on a daily basis.
- Performs venipuncture, finger sticks and IV placement as needed.
- Assists with recovery of patients as needed.
- Associate degree in nursing
- Current and unrestricted licensure in the state of Washington
- Two years of experience in a medical setting
- BCLS/ACLS-certified or willingness to complete process if offered employment
- Treats all patients, callers, visitors and employees with respect, courtesy, kindness and dignity.
- Four-year degree
- Experience in outpatient or inpatient surgical settings
- Experience in postoperative or critical patient care
- Experience in women’s health care
Job Type: Part-time
To apply: Email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org